Since 1941, MANN+HUMMEL, has led lead the way with top quality automotive and industrial products and service.
- 1996 MANN+HUMMEL AUTOMOTIVE, Inc. is established in the U.S. to expand MANN+HUMMEL’s presencein the U.S. market.
- 1997 MANN+HUMMEL AUTOMOTIVE, Inc. establish a manufacturing base and U.S. headquarters in Portage, MI and a sales office in the Detroit area. Launch of the production of the first U.S. manifold program.
- 2002 MANN+HUMMEL AUTOMOTIVE, Inc. acquires Solvay’s Automotive Air Induction Systems and Technical Parts Division. The addition greatly enhanced MANN+HUMMEL’s customer base and product range in air induction systems.
- 2003 On May 1, 2003, MANN+HUMMEL AUTOMOTIVE, Inc., the company's U.S. based automotive operations and MANN+HUMMEL FILTER TECHNOLOGY, the company's U.S. based industrial filtration operations merged into a single company known as MANN+HUMMEL USA, INC.
Always the right choice
The MANN-FILTER brand name is marketed by MANN+HUMMEL, a leading development partner and OE supplier of the international automobile industry since 1941.
MANN+HUMMEL products are manufactured to the highest quality standards, whether for OE application, which we supply to nearly every leading automobile manufacturer, or spare parts distributed under the MANN-FILTER brand name.
MANN-FILTER products are known for a wide product range. Now, for the first time, we can offer respected MANN-FILTER quality for U.S. automobiles, too.
In the North American market, MANN-FILTER covers.
- More than 95% of European models
- Almost 90% of U.S. and Asian models
You can count on our service as well as the quality of our products.
Always up to date with the actual MANN-FILTER product range. Every 4 weeks the information on new types of MANN-FILTER is published. It contains new products and information about other changes in our product range.
INDUSTRIAL Filtration solutions for many applications.
MANN+HUMMEL is now a filtration specialist for almost six decades. Where there are industrial applications MANN+HUMMEL filters have become well known for process reliability, economy and innovative technology. It's no coincidence that leading companies from many varied application fields choose to use MANN+HUMMEL:
Agricultural machines • Chemicals • Construction machines • Combustion engines • Compressors • EDM machines • Forklift trucks • Food industry • Industrial cleaning machines • Machine tools • Oil industry • Paints • Reaction injection molding machines • Rolling mills • Vacuum pumps • Water industry.
We are available for you at all times – worldwide
The industrial filters business unit is divided into business sectors to enable us to intensively and individually look after our customers around the world in numerous industrial fields.
Industrial Business Sectors:
Customers: producers of customized machines and vehicles for industrial applications such as machine tools, material handling equipment, rail cars, safety and energy technology, producers of large-scale engines and transmissions.
- Products: air cleaners, liquid filters, crankcase ventilation systems, EDM elements, activated charcoal filters.
Construction and agricultural machines, industrial engines
- Customers: producers of industrial engines, construction machines, agricultural machines.
- Products: air cleaners, cabin filters, oil filters, fuel filters, crankcase ventilation systems, hydraulics filters, coolant reservoirs.
Compressed air and vacuum technology
- Customers: producers of compressors and vacuum pumps.
- Products: air cleaners, oil filters, air/oil separators.
- Customers: industrial distributors, agencies and subsidiaries worldwide.
- Products: filter elements.
Retrofit and diesel particulate filters
- Customers: operators of mobile industrial machines such as construction machines and stacker trucks and stationary diesel applications.
- Products: diesel particulate filters, DeNOx systems, prelimin.ary fuel filters, crankcase ventilation, centrifuges, air cleaners.
- Customers: local authorities.
- Products: ultra-filtration systems, membrane bio-reactor systems, reverse osmosis systems.
MANN+HUMMEL USA, INC. currently produce a wide range of automotive and industrial filtration products for its customers.
The automotive products include fluid reservoirs, surge tanks, intake manifolds, manifold modules and air cleaners. These products are produced at the company’s state-of-the-art, U.S. manufacturing facilities in Portage, MI, South Bend, IN, and Queretaro, Mexico. As the company continues to develop its other core businesses here in the U.S., the facilities will also accommodate the production of liquid filter systems, crankcase ventilation systems, blow molded ducts and styling and cam covers.
The industrial division in Greensboro, NC serves as a distribution center for off-highway OEM, OE’s and aftermarket sectors as well as a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for air/oil separator production. The product range includes air, fuel and oil filters as well as crankcase ventilation systems, EDM filters and self-cleaning filters.
The South Bend location also serves as a distribution center for the company's aftermarket filter line, MANN-FILTER. MANN-FILTER's local presence makes it easy to provide our customers with the highest standard in service. The MANN-FILTER brand name is synonymous with OE quality and covers the complete range of filtration products for European applications including air, oil, fuel and cabin air filters.
Development + Testing
With over 60 years of experience, MANN+HUMMEL has accumulated a wealth of experience in the fields of development and testing. In addition to the quality testing equipment at the Portage facility, we work closely with our Development Group at the company's world Headquarters in Ludwigsburg, Germany and Speyer, Germany. This provides us with access to state-of-the-art testing equipment including:
- Engine test benches
- Climate test chambers
- Anechoic chambers
- NVH and burst pressure testing
- Pressure pulsation testing
- CAE analysis.
- Multi-functional testing SPT140 rig for oil mist separator systems
- 1997 QS-9000 & ISO 9001 certification
- 1997 Q1 Status from Ford
- 2000 VDA 6.1 certification
- 2003 ISO/TS 16949
South Bend, IN.:
- 1997 QS-9000
- 2002 ISO 14001
- 1991 Ford's Q-1
- 1992 GM's Targets for Excellence